Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why is praying so hard?

I have wondered for a very long time why is praying so hard for me? I listen and I get distracted, I begin to pray and get distracted. It's as if I am being pulled away and can never fully give myself over to my prayer. Even at night I begin to pray and I will be thankful and may ask God to look out for us, but I get lost as I begin to praise Him. I have been so distraught during a prayer because I felt that everyone was getting it, they can listen and pray at the same time. They have all the right words, where do these words come from? How do you know what you are supposed to say. How do I glorify him through my prayers. I don't want it to feel like I have stress and stress over how do I tell Him through prayer. I want it to come from my heart, but what is my heart really saying? It is so strange that I can't seem to decipher my own heart. But I know that I want to have the ability to one day to be able to blurt out a prayer and let God know my love for Him.

Today I searched the internet on why praying is so hard for me. I came across a blog that a young man named Corey wrote. It was truly amazing, he speaks of letting go, be honest, God doesnt need fluff, he needs me.

I thought you might like to look at his article on Prayer. Insight I really enjoyed this article and thought how wonderful, I'm must not be alone or this article wouldn't exist. Well at least at this point that's what I'm going to go with, makes me feel a little better.

Tonight I am going to sit aside time to really pray. Seems kinda funny but if anyone sees this pray for me that I can finally say a whole prayer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment