Sunday, February 8, 2009

Church

Hebrews 10:24-25 (New International Version)
24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

As you can see this is definitely a reason for us to attend. After doing alot of research today on the internet I saw many negatives to attending church, all about money, people are hypocrites and rules to condemn you.

But as read the above scripture, I interpret this as to say that you need to make this a habit, not only for your sake but for others. Encouraging and praising together is also a way to make you accountable. I know that may be taking it a bit further, however, if I don't show up and someone calls me to see how I am, then I need to take it as such. Accountability does not have to be guilt ridden. I think that it is hard sometimes because you are not sure where that person is coming from. They may be saying in their hearts stay with me, I need you as much as you need me to keep our faith and be strong to praise Him.

Do I feel that some do it as a judgement, yes I do. So how do we keep from turning away from this. At times the approach feels not only judgemental but condemning. When that happens it is hard not to turn away. How do I approach that? I need to pray and not retort in anger, but to help them understand how I might feel. Or do I? I don't want to make someone feel bad, but I want them to understand that I am different.

Now if you read 1st Corithians chapter 12. Wow what an awesome chapter. Can it say it any better on why we should go. I plan on reviewing this section more and go a little further but I wanted to share what I read.

I will post tomorrow on what I read about prayer. I hope that you understand that I know all answers are found in the Bible, but I want to hear what others say and get a laymans view of their thought to help me decipher my own logic (which is a whole new section ). See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment