Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sundays

Sundays are the day that I work myself up. Sounds strange doesn't it. It's a battle! Trying to get the kids to stop fighting to get ready, try to get them to find things for church that they know they should have had all ready. Trying to look appropriate, now that's the kicker, I am always so worried about how I will look. When I go, I hide in the back. I didnt use to, but now I do. I try to avoid people that will say "where have you been"? Haven't see you in a while. And the guilt starts all over again. Now you and I both know that most people are truly just being nice and wanting to see how you are. So then why do I feel like I'm being judged? Well then it comes to the bad part, I try to justify that it's ok to just stay at home, because I can still be with God. And well that's where I am now. Just thinking well I can read scripture, try to pray, listen to praise and worship. Doesn't that cover everything from church? I know sounds like I'm trying to get someone to agree with me. But does it count? If the elderly can't get out and they watch shows on tv and they pray it's ok right. So do I have to go to church? If you have any scripture that can help me understand Iwould really appreciate that. I am going to look that up in the bible. I'm not looking for someone to tell me I'm right, I'm looking for guidance on what is right. And if you think about it how are my children learning to follow God? Ok, here I go rambling. It's like I'm doing pros and cons, that cannot be a good thing. This is one of those things I need to pray about huh? Thanks for listening, be back later? Glad to know someone is listening.

2 comments:

  1. What does God say to you about it? I stayed home from church throughout the month of Jan (our church is streaming live on the web so we watched service on the internet). I learned that I enjoy corporate worship. That being with others of like-mind was important for me.

    I rely on Heb 10:25 that says "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near."

    Is is necessary to go to "church"? No. Is it a good idea? Yes. Meeting with other Christians should encourage us and help us in our walk. But it needs to be more than just church - it should be correction, encouragement, teaching.

    Don't fall into what is man's idea of right or wrong but rely on God to speak to you.

    Don't isolate yourself though - the enemy will use that to manipulate you away from the Father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I didnt see you post that and it is the same scripture I found. I read also that it is a way to keep me from God when I find means of justifying why I didn't go. It's amazing that you had the same scripture that I finally came up with. I should have checked your post 1st :)

    ReplyDelete