Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Finding My Way

The last couple of years have been rough. At 45 I have looked back and remember some times that I wish I could go back to. I wonder are these rough times harder on me because I pretend to be a christian. I know I believe all the basics, but do I practice it each day? Do I let Jesus lead me or do I try to lead him? Am I blaming God for all the bad things and taking credit for the great things? I have many opportunities to let God help me, but I know I went the other way because it was "more convenient", less stressful, or a lot more fun the other way.

So my blog begins with my being honest with myself with God and with you. I want to find God and walk the walk. Not just talk it, but truly live it. I have always hidden from the responsibility of being a "true christian". I have been in awe of those who have such a strong faith and yet intimidated when with them that I feel so isolated. I want to use this blog to find a way to express myself and learn not to hide. I look forward to anyone who is beginning their walk to join me and for those who would help to guide me to find the right passages please stick with me. Don't let me give up. I know that God is waiting for me.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I look forward to walking your journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Susan, it's great to know I have a friend to walk with ;)

    ReplyDelete