Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Prayers

As I posted before on my blog, praying seems to be one of my stumbling blocks. I think it's because I feel like it's not good enough. I have started using Biblegateway to find scriptures on praying, which if you ever have a chance it's a great resource, I still feel I'm not getting how to really pray. Have you ever hear the term "Prayer Warriors"? I have had opportunities to listen many times to people I would consider "Prayer Warriors", and you find that everyone is so different when they pray. Now I know that is the way it should be, but how do you find those words to glorify.

Glorify: to honor with praise, admiration or worship

I know that is what my heart is saying, but the words cannot seem to follow. A couple of days ago I started working on praying each morning and evening. Doesn't that sound bad, that I have to work on it. But my heart tells me if I do, I will be more comfortable and not feel that I'm stressing over this. I go to many blogs and I read how words just flow about their love for Jesus. How I would give anything to not sound so cold and can have that warmth when I speak or write about our one true God.

I tried to type a prayer a few minutes ago and was wondering is it wrong to type that out on a blog? I am better at writing than I am at speaking.

I found this article that I think would describe me. Although I believe I know God, I just don't seem to know how to relate to God. That sounds bad huh.

How can I trust God without knowing him first?

Some prayers do require the person praying to trust God first. Prayers for wisdom require that one trust in God's wisdom and ability to distribute it to others (James 1:5-8). Prayers for miracles require that one not doubt God's ability and not be simply testing God (Mt 21:21-22, Dt 6:16). However, this does not mean that unbelievers are unable to pray to God, or that they must agree to worship God without first knowing his character. All an unbeliever has to do is simply ask, "God, please reveal yourself to me."

1 comment:

  1. Prayer is just communicating with God. I have a friend at work who stresses over prayer too - wanting to say the right words and sound "just right." But there is no "just right". It is simply talking to God. Obviously we show respect, just like you would talking to any authority; however, He knows our hearts already.

    Typing a prayer is the same as saying it. I've often typed or written prayers in emails or in cards as I pray them for someone.

    By the way, I think you communicate in your blog just fine.

    ReplyDelete